The last post got me thinking, I don't know if someone has already tried this but the Light's Out scripts of Wyllis Cooper and Arch Oboler would make great comic books.
Here's a list of notable episodes from Wikipedia:
- "The Ugliest Man in the World", a sentimental tale of a hideously deformed man seeking love in a cruel world, inspired by gentle Boris Karloff's typecasting in horror roles, and enlivened by strikingly expressionistic dramatic effects.
- "Profits Unlimited", a still-relevant allegory on the promises and dangers of capitalism.
- "Bathysphere", a political thriller about a scientist and a dictator sharing a deep sea diving bell.
- "Visitor from Hades", about a bickering married couple trapped in their apartment by a hellhound.
- "Come to the Bank", in which a man learns to walk through walls, but gets stuck when he tries to rob a vault.
- "Oxychloride X", about a chemist who invents a substance that can eat through anything.
- "Murder Castle", based on the real-life case of H. H. Holmes, Chicago's notorious serial killer.
- "Spider", in which two men attempt to capture a giant arachnid.
- "The Flame", a weird exercise in supernatural pyromania.
- "Sub-Basement", which finds yet another husband and wife in peril—this time trapped far beneath a department store in the subterranenan railway of the Chicago Tunnel Company.